Thursday, February 8, 2018

Swoon Thursday (#263): Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Broken Beautiful Hearts by Kami Garcia!


Owen wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me against him. When I don't protest, he slides his other hand up my back and into my hair. "Unless you tell me to stop, I'm going to kiss."

He leans in, never taking his eyes off mine. When his lips graze mine, it feels too good. The kind of good I want to feel a hundred more times. 

Owen brushes his lip against mine, and the contact sends shock waves through my body. He continues to tease me, tracing the seam of my lips with his tongue.

I part my lips. Owen accepts the invitation and kisses me for real. 

My hands touch the bare skin on his chest. He moans - low and sexy. He tastes sweet, with a hint of copper from the cut on his lip. I loop my hands around his neck, and he tightens his hold around my waist, carefully turning us until I'm leaning against the lockers.

The combination of the cold metal against my back and the heat of Owen's skin against my chest creates a delicious burn inside me. Part of me knows I should stop kissing him, but the other part of me that wants this wins out.

- eARC, page 186



I'm hoping to have my review of this one posted tomorrow! I'm not usually a YA contemporary fan, but Garcia's contemporary novels have been excellent so far. =)

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're liking this one! Definitely a swoony excerpt. :)

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the author did a great job winning you over. :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. That definitely was one swoony excerpt. ^_^ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read your review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this one! I am stalking my library for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely swoon sweetie :D I'm not sold on the writing.. ahhh. But still a great swoon. <3 Thank you for sharing about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that cover to Broken Beautiful Hearts.. And that kiss! I wouldn't want to stop either!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!