Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Waiting on Wednesday (#253): Legendary by Stephanie Garber


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This week, I'm featuring:


Legendary by Stephanie Garber
Book Two of the Caraval series
Publisher: Flatiron Books
Publication Date: May 29, 2018

Summary (from Goodreads):

The sequel to the New York Times bestselling and #1 IndieNext Pick Caraval, following Scarlett’s younger sister, Tella, on a journey to the empire’s capital to fulfill a dangerous bargain.

Stephanie Garber’s limitless imagination takes flight once more in the colorful, mesmerizing, and immersive sequel to her New York Times bestselling debut novel Caraval

This year’s Caraval has concluded. Tella is alive—and safe, to her older sister’s relief. But Tella has secrets she has been keeping from Scarlett. Secrets like what Tella promised in exchange for the sisters’ invitations to Caraval in the first place. Secrets about the person to whom these promises were made. And secrets about Julian, the Caraval player who won Scarlett’s heart. 

Afraid of revealing the truth to the person who loves her most, Tella runs away to Valenda, the capital of the Empire, to find the mysterious correspondent whom Tella owes. But in the nights leading up to Elantine’s Day, a cross between a masquerade ball, a jubilee, and Caraval, no one is to be trusted . . .




I loved Caraval and I can't wait to read this book. It's a companion sequel which makes me a little sad because I adored Julian and Scarlett, but I'm excited to read Tella's story! I have no doubt it will be amazing.

13 comments:

  1. Yaasss!! Cannot wait to read this one!!!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thisclose to picking this one for this week too! I just finished Caraval a week or so ago and really loved it and can't wait to go back into that world with the characters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading Caraval and I can't wait for the sequel to come out! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pick! I personally don't plan on reading this series, but I hope you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEEEEES! I'm so excited for this one! I loved the first book and am really hoping this one expands the world and gives us a better sense of the magic system!

    Awesome pick, Alyssa!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first book didn't really work for me, so I don't think I'll be continuing the series. But I hope you enjoy this one!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't love Caraval, but I liked Tella, so I'm excited for her story! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been dying to read Caraval, I hope you enjoy the sequel.

    Thanks,
    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to start this series! I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES!!!! After finishing Caraval only recently I am so so so excited for this one! I need more! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to read book one someday soonish, haha :) But uuugh, companion sequel? How typical, these days :\ Hope it will still be awesome, though :) And hope you'll love it lots. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. To be honest I wasn't the biggest fan of Tella in Caraval. BUT that ending has me super curious about her deal so I'm definitely going to pick up Tella's story ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!