Thursday, July 20, 2017

Swoon Thursday (#234): Buried Heart by Kate Elliott


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Buried Heart by Kate Elliott!


(Y'all, I'm sharing a slightly swoonier-than-usual swoon this week. I hope no one minds! Besides the swoony nature of the scene, I liked the mood of it - and the last two lines.)

He sweeps me up int this arms and carries me through the open doors into the bedchamber. The bed stands in the center, the only object left in the room. He pushes aside the draped netting. His manner is as solemn and desperate as my own, none of the laughter and wrestling and endearing awkwardness of our other times. Because the lamp has been left on the balcony, we are left in the shadow of each other, communicating by sighs, by the tough of lips and the pressure of hands.

The heart has its own speech. That is the only language and light that we need.

- Hardcover, page 157




I loved this series and I'm very happy with the conclusion. It's a great series to binge-read!

10 comments:

  1. I loooove this sentence: "The heart has its own speech. That is the only language and light that we need." SWOON SWOON! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm absolutely checking this book out!!

    xx
    Vanessa @ Blushing Geek

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, lovely swoon :D Thank you for sharing sweetie. <3 Hugs. A bit curious about these books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those last two lines are great! I'm glad this was a nice series for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this little snippet Alyssa! You know me I'm a fan of all the swoon, and I've definitely missed reading these posts, as I've not been around much commenting :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS ONE!! So swoon worthy..Great paragraph to start the morning with :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent, swoon worthy indeed :) I hope I'll find the time to read this one, I'd love to see how the trilogy ends.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one! I only read Court of Fives and I really enjoyed it but for some reason I haven't felt motivated to pick up the rest of the series but maybe someday.

    Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great weekend!
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow... that was cettainly hot... I didn't mind it one bit!

    Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!